Just Eat Bikes at QMU
Brand new Just Eat Bikes have arrived on campus ready for you to hire. With a minimum of 12 bikes on campus, unlock a new way to discover Edinburgh and get around by bike. Great for short journeys, and combined with public transport, exploring the capital has never been so easy.
How it works
The most efficient way to get around Edinburgh is on a bike. Cycle Hire bikes are primarily used for short rides and as a supplement to public transport.
First off: buy a pass
Download the app for iPhone or Android (search for just eat cycles), then sign up. There are 3 passes available:
- £1.50 for a single trip of up to 1 hour – each 30 minutes thereafter is £1 extra.
- £3 for a day pass, allowing unlimited journeys of up to 1 hour each in a 24 hour period.
- £40 Student Pass is available allowing unlimited ‘1 hour’ hires for 365 days
You can enable extended rental for all the passes, enabling longer journeys over an hour at an additional cost of £1 per 30 minutes.
You can also sign up and buy a pass through the web site at www.edinburghcyclehire.com, but you will still need the app to use the scheme.
Find a bike
You can find the closest available bike in the app. A bike can be unlocked and returned 24 hours a day. You will find the QMU bikes on University Square, adjacent to the bike shelters.
Tap “unlock” in the app when you’re close to a station. It will then tell you which bike is yours.
Ride as much as you want, up to 60 minutes at a time. The app watches the time for you. You can extend the rental for £1 per 30 minutes.
You can return your bike to any station at any time. The closest available docks are shown in the app.
Lock the bike
At a physical station with docking points
Push the bike into the dock until it's locked. The front light will turn green and the bike will make a confirmation sound. Check for confirmation in the app, and it will also tell you a little more about your journey.
At a virtual station indicated by markings on the ground
Park the bike on its stand within the markings and then press the ‘end my ride’ button on the app. The front light will turn blue and then you can push down the lever on the right hand side of the lock. Make sure it is all the way down and secured. If it doesn’t easily go down just wiggle the front wheel a little, it is probably touching a spoke.
You will know when the bike is locked, the front light will turn green and the bike will make a confirmation sound. Check for confirmation in the app and to see your journey details.
Get in Touch
Get in touch with the customer experience team via:
- Read Next
- Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme Dr Bike at QMU Liftshare with QMU Collect your parcels on campus with Amazon lockers Travel Survey: Prizes to be won Love Your Bike: Today and all days Bike Breakfast: Thur 12th March How to book a room on campus Step up with QMU Get protected from Measles Want alerts about IT at QMU straight to your phone? Juuso's Blog: SIM plan tips and recommendations Thinking about organising an event on campus? QMU IT: Digital Experience Festival 2019 Making the most of your time here at QMU
- Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Your Maggie's Menu Upright bike Come food shopping with me... Browzer is now on Instagram!