Do you want to work as a student ambassador?
Looking for a part-time, flexible job?
Applications for the role of Student Ambassador open early September and close on early October. Keep an eye out on Browzer for when the applications will be open.
Each year we employ current students to represent QMU to external stakeholders throughout the year. If you love studying at QMU, this is the job for you!
We have three types of Student Ambassador roles available for current students, however all ambassadors will be offered general work throughout the year, these are:
- General Student Ambassadors
This role is open to all matriculated students with a minimum of 1 year remaining on their course. General ambassadors help with a variety of activities including:
Open Days and Applicant Visit Days
Answering prospective students enquiries
Assisting at recruitment events both on and off campus
What does an ambassador do?
A student ambassador offers potential and prospective students and their influencers a current student’s perspective of student life and student experience at QMU.
Some of the tasks ambassadors are asked to do include:
- Help with Open Days and Applicant Visit Days
- Support the recruitment team at HE fairs and events off campus
- Deliver campus tours
- Answer prospective student enquiries via email and telephone
- Contribute to the QMU student blog
- Facilitate workshops with potential students
- Office admin duties
- Additional tasks relevant to the job title
How much do you have to work?
Being an ambassador is a flexible, part-time job that you can shape around your studies and additional commitments. Work is offered to ambassadors on an ad-hoc basis and regular monthly hours cannot be offered.
What's in it for me?
Earn £8.79 an hour
Gain valuable experience and transferrable skills
Attend valuable training sessions to develop your skills and knowledge
Shape your work around your studies
Share your experiences of university and inspire potential students
How can I apply?
More information and live application form coming soon. For more information about applying, please email the Student Ambassadors Team.
- Read Next
- Enterprise Skills @ QMU Event How to join a Sport or Society Paid work opportunity with Browzer Making the most of your time here at QMU Sports & Societies at QMU: what you need to know QMConnect Peer Support Project Elena's Blog: Why my placement was worth it Elena's Blog: Looking for part-time work? Student Blog: The Countdown: Maintaining friendships as an international student Accommodation - Helpful Information Step up with QMU Get protected from Measles Step up with QMU: Jo's Story RISE QMU
- Accommodation - Helpful Information Your Freshers 2019 Guide Your Maggie's Menu This week's menu in 1875 Winter is coming!